PEAR MDB2 2.4.1 released
Abstract: A new stable release of MDB2 is out. Enjoy!
I just released a new minor version of PEAR::MDB2.
NUMERIC data types are first-class citizens just like the others: you can specify (and retrieve) both the
precision and the
scale values on a per-field basis, so you don't have to resort to the
'decimal_places' option which is global to all the fields.
A similar fix is included in MDB2_Schema already, so you can use something like this in your XML schema definition:
<field> <name>revenue</name> <type>decimal</type> <length>10,4</length> <notnull>false</notnull> </field>
The MDB2 v.2.4.1 release also features a number of important fixes (including a patch for a regression bug in MySQL and MySQLi transaction support, and a patch for a memory leak in the prepare/execute statements), so I warmly recommend you to upgrade.
- MDB2 2.4.0
- MDB2_Driver_ibase 1.4.0
- MDB2_Driver_mysql 1.4.0
- MDB2_Driver_mysqli 1.4.0
- MDB2_Driver_mssql 1.2.0
- MDB2_Driver_oci8 1.4.0
- MDB2_Driver_pgsql 1.4.0
- MDB2_Driver_sqlite 1.4.0
Thanks to a nice feature of the PEAR installer, since MDB2 v.2.4.0 you can install/upgrade the drivers in this simple way:
$ pear install MDB2#mysql $ pear upgrade MDB2#pgsql
How nice is that?
As usual, many thanks to all the contributors and bug reporters.
- PEAR MDB2 2.4.0 released
- PEAR MDB2 updates (FOREIGN KEY support!)
- Catching up - July 2007
- PEAR MDB2 2.5.0a1 released
- PEAR MDB2 2.5.0b1 released
- On batching vs. latency, and jobqueue models
- Updated Kafka PHP client library
- Musings on some technical papers I read this weekend: Google Dremel, NoSQL comparison, Gossip Protocols
- Historical Twitter access - A journey into optimising Hadoop jobs
- Kafka proposed as Apache incubator project
- NoSQL Databases: What, When and Why (PHPUK2011)
- PHPNW10 slides and new job!