PEAR MDB2 2.5.0a1 released
Abstract: A new alpha release of MDB2 is out. Please test the new FOREIGN KEY support, and report any issue you may experience before a stable release. Enjoy!
- MDB2 2.5.0a1
- MDB2_Driver_ibase 1.5.0a1
- MDB2_Driver_mssql 1.3.0a1
- MDB2_Driver_mysql 1.5.0a1
- MDB2_Driver_mysqli 1.5.0a1
- MDB2_Driver_oci8 1.5.0a1
- MDB2_Driver_pgsql 1.5.0a1
- MDB2_Driver_sqlite 1.5.0a1
Request for Feedback
With each new release, I try to increase the test suite and run it against all the available DBMS, so I can say I'm pretty confident about the overall quality of the package.
There are still a few bug reports and/or feature requests open, I'll address them before a stable release (of course, any kind of help to fix them faster is appreciated).
In the meanwhile, I'd really like to collect some feedback about the new features and about a couple of issues with old PHP versions:
- first, I've removed a few references from "
$a =& new class" assignments, so please tell me if the change indroduced any bug with PHP4;
- second, a few people experienced a memory leak with nearly every array function that involves accessing the key values on PHP 5.1.x: if you're on such system, please add a comment to this bug report so I can add a workaround.
As usual, many thanks to all the contributors and bug reporters.
- On batching vs. latency, and jobqueue models
- Updated Kafka PHP client library
- Musings on some technical papers I read this weekend: Google Dremel, NoSQL comparison, Gossip Protocols
- Historical Twitter access - A journey into optimising Hadoop jobs
- Kafka proposed as Apache incubator project
- NoSQL Databases: What, When and Why (PHPUK2011)
- PHPNW10 slides and new job!